Sunday, March 1, 2009

"ON THE GO"

Posted by Picasa Oil on Masonite panel
Figures from behind always seem curious! Making one wonder.......where is she going, where has she been?........ Leaving a lot to the imagination of the viewer.
Its cold and wet in NC today and a great day to stay in and do art! Along with this painting, I was also able to work on some drawings for several watercolor paintings I plan to start this week.
Reading a couple of good books on color theory also ~ COLOR, by Betty Edwards (author of Drawing on the RIght Side of the Brain) and BLUE AND YELLOW DONT MAKE GREEN (or is it YELLOW AND BLUE DONT MAKE GREEN !!!) by Michael Wilcox.

5 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Laine, Love this. You have her form just right. I love people from the back.

Dar Presto said...

This is a really cool piece. The composition, in terms of the abstract shapes made by light and dark, is really good. And you achieved such nice depth. I like looking up close at your brushwork.

Carolina Elizabeth said...

I love your art work. Your brush strokes are so loose yet form the most pefect shapes on the canvas. Your compositions seem very fresh. Kudos. I am still struggling with oils. I so much appreciate it when others master the medium.

Ann Reyes said...

Laine, I really like this painting! It has a nice feeling to it besides being beautifully painted.

Thanks for visiting my blog. My mother is very ill and I want to be with her while I can. I'll get back to my painting soon.

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

I love the backview too, this a great little painting, good job!
Rae