Monday, November 17, 2008

"AFTERNOON WALK"

Posted by Picasa 9x12" Oil on Canvas
This was painted upside down ~ and enhanced once rightside up! Amazingly, the gentleman in the window was not apparent to me UNTIL I flipped it! MANY years ago, teaching art to high school students.....when finding someone 'stuck' it was fun to watch them get 'unstuck' by turning the reference upside dowm.....forcing the mind to abandon labeling we really see, and can draw, or paint, shapes rather than what we think we should see. GREAT FUN!! Check out all the other paintings of this reference on "Different Strokes From Different Folks".

2 comments:

Margaret Mayer said...

This is nice Laine. I think this is a great challenge. You are right it really does allow one to get out of the normal way of seeing when working upside down. I like your composition and reflections in the window. :)

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Laine, I am here to tag you, check out my blog for the fun.